Computer Based Test Software Author
Module : Exam Configuration
Exam Configuration : This feature allows the author
to set the parameters for the exam environment which
will be created using this question database. To use
this feature click on "Exam Configuration" button in
"Author/Question Type" screen
For a new author database "Exam Configuration" screen
will show the default values for all the configuration
1. Configuration options are explained below:
- Exam Name : This field displays the "Exam Name"
which was provided while creating the exam. This
field cannot be edited in exam configuration, to
edit exam name please use "Edit Exam" option in
main menu of author.
- Number of Exams : This filed is displays the
number of different exams that will be made available
to the candidate when the author database is used
in CBT Software- Exam Engine. This field is automatically
updated based on the field "Number of questions
per exam". Each exam will have a equal number of
questions, a unique question set selected from all
the questions present in the database.
- No. of Questions per exam : By default this
field will show total number of questions present
in the database.Â
- Pass Percentage : This field is used to set
the pass percentage for the exam. Default value
is set to 65%
- Max time allowed : This field is used to set
the time allowed to take the exam. Default value
is set to 210 minutes (3.5 hours)
- Min time allowed : This field is used to set
the minimum exam time before which students cannot
end the exam. Default value is set to 100 minutes.
- Max score : This field is used to set the maximum
score for the exam. Default values is set to 100.
1.2. Question Weightage : This section
allows the author to set the score value to be used
for each question under different level of difficulty.
Each question must belong to one of the following level
- Beginner level
- Intermediate level
- Expert level:
1.3. Allowed Exam Modes : This section
allows author to select if the questions in the database
will be available to the candidate in learn mode, exam
mode or both. Uncheck to disable.
- Learn mode : Provides interactive learning environment
where candidate can go through each question and
view flash cards and correct answers for each question.
- Exam mode : Simulates actual exam environment
in which candidate needs to answer exam created
by instructor in a given time without any help from
1.4. Permitted buttons: This section
allows author to select the buttons and features which
will be permitted when candidate is taking an exam.
- Previous : Previous button allows the candidate
to view the previous question. Disabling previous
button will force the candidate to view the questions
in forward sequence only, after once viewing/answering
the question candidate will not be able to go back
to that question.
- Bookmarking Allowed : Candidate can bookmark
any number of questions while taking the exam and
view only bookmarked questions at any time during
the exam or after the exam (for retaking). If unchecked
bookmarking will not be allowed while taking the
- Review : Review feature lists all the questions
in the exam and candidate can select any question
to view by just clicking the question in the list.
Review also allows to select following set of questions
- Un Answered Questions Only : If selected
this option all the question that are currently
un answered by the candidate will be displayed.
- Bookmarked Questions Only : If this option
is selected all the questions that are bookmarked
in current exam will be displayed.
- Pause Timer : This feature will allow candidate
to pause the exam timer while taking the exam.
- Default User : This feature will allow candidate
to take exam as a default user without logging in.
- View Category/Subcategory Scores : This feature will allow candidate to view deatiled result analysis with category and subcategory wise scoring.
1.5. Optional Configuration:This section alows
author to set optional configurations for the exam.
- Geo Location : This option will allow author
to get the current geo location of the students
when they are taking exam. Please note geo location
is available only for online exams and will be shown
in the web admin control panel when admin monitors
current online exams.
- OTP : If admin enables this option candidates
will have to enter a OTP sent to their email id
when they try to login into CBT Exam Engine module.
This option is disabled in offline exams.
- Image casting : If admin enables this option
web camera attached to candidates systems will take
images at regular interval which can be viewed by
the admin in web admin control panel when admin
monitors current online exams. This option is disabled
in offline exams.
- Screen Recording : If admin enables this option
the system screen will be recorded for entire duration
of the exam, even if candidate minimizes the CBT
- Exam Mode : Here admin can set if the exam has
to be taken in online or ofline mode. Offline mode
will not have geolocation, otp and image casting
enabled and all the results will be saved locally.
2. Update Category Score : This button will allow supervisor to change number of catgories and subcategores required to pass the exam.
3. Show Default : This button will
show default values for all the configuration options.
4. Update & Close : This button
will save any configuration changes made.
5. Close : This button will discard
any configuration changes made.