CBT Author Module : Configure Author Module
Requirements to configure database
- PHP version 7.4 or greater.
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.1 or greater.
Instuctions to setup server side
- Download and unzip the simexams server side package.
- Create a database for SimExams on your web server, as well as a MySQL (or MariaDB) user who has all privileges for accessing and modifying it.
- Upload the SimExams files from server side package to the desired location on your web server
- Now you can use CBT Author software to confiure your database.
CBT Author module strats with login screen as shown below and it provides a Configure button.
To configure the database click on "Configure Database" button. You will be provided with a form as shown below:
Following details are required to be entered.
- Server URL : This is the location where you have uploaded the unziped simexams server side package.
- Database Name : This is the name of the MySQl database you have created on your server.
- User Name : This is the MySQL (or MariaDB) user who has all privileges for accessing and modifying the database.
- Password : MySQL (or MariaDB) user account password.
- Database Host : You should be able to get this information from your web host if "localhost" does not work.
Fill in the details and click on Submit button to complete Configuration. Once this configuration is done alll the data you enter in CBT Author will be stored on your own server.