CBT Exam Engine : Exam Configuration
Exam Configuration: To use this feature select
"Exam Configuration" under "Exam" menu in main window.
This option allows you to configure the Test Module.
A new window with exam configuration options will
1. Configuration options are explained below:
- Exam Name : This field displays the "Exam Name"
which was provided while creating the exam. This
field cannot be edited in exam configuration, to
edit exam name please use "Edit Exam" option in
main menu of author.
- Number of Exams : This filed is displays the
number of different exams that will be made available
to the candidate when the author database is used
in CBT Software- Exam Engine. This field is automatically
updated based on the field "Number of questions
per exam". Each exam will have a equal number of
questions, a unique question set selected from all
the questions present in the database.
- No. of Questions per exam : By default this
field will show total number of questions present
in the database.
- Pass Percentage : This field is used to set
the pass percentage for the exam. Default value
is set to 65%
- Max time allowed : This field is used to set
the time allowed to take the exam. Default value
is set to 210 minutes (3.5 hours)
- Max score : This field is used to set the maximum
score for the exam. Default values is set to 100.
1.2. Question Weightage : This section
allows the author to set the score value to be used
for each question under different level of difficulty.
Each question must belong to one of the following level
- Beginner level
- Intermediate level
- Expert level:
1.3. Allowed Exam Modes : This section
allows author to select if the questions in the database
will be available to the candidate in learn mode, exam
mode or both. Uncheck to disable.
- Learn mode : Provides interactive learning environment
where candidate can go through each question and
view flash cards and correct answers for each question.
- Exam mode : Simulates actual exam environment
in which candidate needs to answer exam created
by instructor in a given time without any help from
1.4. Permitted buttons: This section
allows author to select the buttons and features which
will be permitted when candidate is taking an exam.
- Previous : Previous button allows the candidate
to view the previous question. Disabling previous
button will force the candidate to view the questions
in forward sequence only, after once viewing/answering
the question candidate will not be able to go back
to that question.
- Bookmarking Allowed : Candidate can bookmark
any number of questions while taking the exam and
view only bookmarked questions at any time during
the exam or after the exam (for retaking). If unchecked
bookmarking will not be allowed while taking the
- Review : Review feature lists all the questions
in the exam and candidate can select any question
to view by just clicking the question in the list.
Review also allows to select following set of questions
- Un Answered Questions Only : If selected
this option all the question that are currently
un answered by the candidate will be displayed.
- Bookmarked Questions Only : If this option
is selected all the questions that are bookmarked
in current exam will be displayed.
- Pause Timer : This feature will allow candidate
to pause the exam timer while taking the exam.
2. Show Default : This button will
show default values for all the configuration options.
3. Update & Close : This button
will save any configuration changes made.
4. Close : This button will discard
any configuration changes made.